Tuesday 18 December 2012

Jambalaya Diaries: Tuesday, December 18th

Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf and take an insect view of its plain. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862)


Hello Christmas Tree People!

Wonderful that you bought a tree from Aunt Leah's! Thanks for supporting such a great charity. Leah should volunteer with us next year. With her name she'll sell thousands!!! However, I trust your Christmas Lamp has a few decorations, otherwise it'll feel somewhat left out. Inanimate objects have feeling too, as I'm constantly reminding Cora Lee when she calls me a blockhead, as in: "Oh Patrick, you're such a BLOCKHEAD!" I'm used to it by now so I just hang an empty malt bottle around my neck to make myself feel better!


Last Wednesday we stayed overnight in Portland with close friends, Marilyn and Michael. Next day drove to Healdsburg for three nights of fun-filled, wine-soaked adventures. Last two nights in Berkeley with very good friends, Nancy and David. Today we will drive south to LA. 

Have attached a number of pics of tree-related shots. First are from Rebecca, Beckster, and Corey, Kid Chelene, (daughter-in-law and son of Flamin', Michele, and Sarge, Wayne, close friends who live in the building), of their first tree, again from Aunt Leah's. A few years ago both KC and Sarge volunteered with me at Aunt Leah's. Next shot is from Portland with grandchildren Amanda and Paul. Third set is from David Coffaro Winery. We have become quite good friends with owners, Pat, (far right in shot with Cora Lee and The Sisterhood!), and David, (Open House featured an Ugly Sweater Contest!), over the years. Saturday we stopped by to say hello and taste and next day we attended the December Open House. Last set is from Berkeley. Cora Lee with Amos and Pat, David and Nancy. CLand Amos were classmates at Library School, (I was a year ahead, so knew him as well.), and Pat knew David from working at various UC Berkeley Libraries. Both Amos and Pat are retired, David will do so this coming July 1st.

 Hope everyone enjoys your tree. Once again, Happy Christmas, (belated Happy Hanukkah), and a Healthy New Year! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Thanks Conduttore!   That's a nice snap of our group, and Nancy shines brightly!!! Bon voyage....I'm at work and there is close to zero for me to do, but I will find ways to amuse myself until the pool opens....Cactus


If you run into my parents in the Sonoma or Napa Valley please ask them when they plan on arriving in LA...#retiredwinos
  • Sanora Iz Single TO KNOW THEM IS TO LOVE THEM!!!CHEERS!!!
  • Ayn P Oh I found them...they're coming three days early...as in today...nice
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn Lol oh poor sissy!!! Hope you vacuumed cause if not dad will

  • Debbie Crew Peters They might not leave
  • Alastair Bird Hey, there is still like 6 DAYS of wine tasting before Christmas is technically here. What's the rush? Ooo, is that a Merlot I haven't tasted yet? Why thank you..
  • Rae Tanner Don't they know there's cookin' to do?!
  • Rae Tanner Your dad is more than welcome to vacuum at our place...
  • Carol Riera Knowing Pat, even if you did vacuum, he will do it again anyway. Give them both a big hug and kiss from us.
  • Patrick James Dunn Hardly "retiredwinos"! Are you aware of just how difficult it is to do justice to visiting even three or four wineries in a given day? One needs a decent single malt a the end of the tasting regimen, so exhausting can things be. Makes the lives of those still working seem like a dream world of order and collective tranquility as opposed to the mayhem and chaos of the tasting room. Time for a night cap before Ayn plugs in the Hoover and whips out the Swifter. And NO, Flash, it is not a Merlot you haven't tasted yet, but rather a voluptuous David Coffaro 2010 Petit Verdot 15.5% with more chocolate on the finish than a box of Purdy's Hedgehogs. Fondestos to one and all! Cheers, Patrizzio VacuuMan, part-time Oenophile!


David Kessler:: "Shame on the NRA"



Tell the NRA to stand down, and allow Congress and the President to pass gun control legislation.
I am going to disappear into our stacks for a little bit...I hope you will let me know if you are taking care of Nancy in this or if I need to work out a time to get the car with her. If so, I think we could do it in the mid-afternoon and she could then just stay down for the Library holiday party. What a brilliant day, perfect for your long drive....Cact.
Nancy is getting the car with Patrick. She will see you later at the party.
Thanks for a wonderful stay, Love, Corinne
 

Done! Done!! Done!! I just sent payment via PayPal and Petey will momentarily scan and send the lease contract and a copy of my driver's license. (I guess they need to know that I am legitimately over 21!) It's going to be fun! fun!! fun!!!
Cheers for now, Lynnie
Great work! Thanks for risking your sight on our behalf. we are looking forward to seeing the sights and spending time with you both.
talk soon, Love Corinne
 



My parents are arriving earlier than expected...whee! *drops mic* lol
  • Marlo Jurkowski Have fun with the crew!
  • Leticia Espinoza How fun!!
  • Patrick James Dunn What a fab pad Ayn now inhabits. Furthermore, she lives but a block or two from a dedicated bike path that parallels the Orange Line Busway and runs for a round-trip of about 28 miles/45K so I hope to explore it tomorrow while Cora Lee is scoping shopping possibilities at Sherman Oaks Mall!


    Hi All--Some info about our home-away-from-home in NOLA. Fortunately, few rules and simple instructions! I've got a copy for the file, which I'll bring along. We're paid up in full via PayPal. Your share--Patricio and Cora Lee--is $895 payable whenever.
    Cheers, L.
     Patrick, Nice vineyard photos! Hasta NO, JDP

    Hello! Just wanted to extend my wishes for the holiday season!

    In keeping with my usual practice, I've posted this year's Xmas
    cartoon on my art blog, along with a brief tale about how it came to
    be. You'll find it all at:


    http://DeborahSawyerArt.blogspot.com

    Enjoy! And all the best for 2013! Deborah
    Patrick, A pleasure meeting you and Corrine.  Check out my blogs when you get a chance and if you enjoy please do subscribe.  cheers, John and Linda Compisi

    http://www.examiner.com/food-and-wine-in-san-francisco/john-compisi
    http://jlc12345.wordpress.com/




     


No comments:

Post a Comment