Monday 4 March 2013

De-Nesting Diaires: Monday, March 4th

Errors like straws upon the surface flow: / Who would search for pearls must dive below. -John Dryden, poet and dramatist (1631-1700) 

Gelasin:
MEANING:
noun: A dimple in the cheek that appears when someone smiles.


ETYMOLOGY:
From Greek gelaein (to laugh), which also gave us the words agelast (one who never laughs) and hypergelast (one who laughs too much). Earliest documented use: 1608. 

Ray,

shall we ride later -- maybe 11 or even noon? My schedule is open at the moment. 

I would prefer flatter terrain -- maybe Steveston? Let me know what you think? G
Lyon-Griswold Brawl, 1798,
House of Representatives
Mornin' Gents,
Unlike Patricio, I don't get a reprieve from flooring (or plumbing, or insulating...)
Enjoy the sunshine, and judging from the heavy frost here, wear warm mittens! 8^) cheers, Mark

George/Pat,
    How about 11 then. Steveston is fine with me - road only or trails also - so I can decide on type of bike? Ray
Hi Stalwarts!

I'd suggest road only as I'd like to test out my Madone. We  can end our way back from Steveston via #4 Road and come over the Oak Street Bridge, if that suits. I assume 11:00am at the Maple Power House. Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Ray, 11AM on the road from the Power Station. Pat can tell us whether road or trail.  G

Sounds good. Ray

 
Hi Patrick,
 

We are looking forward to catching up with all of you. You sound like you are all really busy?

Well that's it for another Sun Peaks ski holiday! We leave the mountain tomorrow for a few days in Vancouver and should be back in Adelaide next Sunday.

The skiing over the last few days hasn't been up to the standard we all expect of SP (so so spoiled!); a village temperature of +11C followed by +6C turned everything to firstly glue and then sheet ice! Neither were good for the knees!

Fortunately it snowed for most of yesterday arvo and into the evening (not sure what's happening with the snow reports from here - it said there was zero snowfall but there was at least 5-10cm in our car park!) and the temp didn't get above -2C so skiing today was back to fabulous.

We called a halt at lunch time as we were both still in one piece albiet with sore
knees from the shuddering of yesterday - decided not to push our luck too far!
 
We are just off to the Delta for lunch with a couple of the oldies then it's pack up
time. See you Tomorrow. Tina and Trevor


Hi all

I previously shared with you the notes our panel generated from our
Feb 13th tasting of three samples and Patrick was much appreciative of
our input. I will bring the remaining samples with me to the March
17th SOWTS event in the event you were unable to be part of the panel
and want to check them out.

Patrick also sent me their latest video clip of Shelter Point and it's
great. Check it out.

http://vimeo.com/60907909

Cheers Kevin


Patrick,
Less than four years more to wait!  I think it's going to be worth it.
Cheers, Peter


Hi Pat,

If I may chime in to say thanks to Ray and Sylvia for a very lovely evening, it was so nice to hang out with all of you. I look forward to many more evenings together.

Thanks for sending along the photos Pat. What a beautiful photo of Corinne and Tia. Thank you for the bracelets for Tia, how very, very thoughtful to think of her while miles away.

See you all soon, Kerry

Thanks to you Kerry for your attendance and the scrumptious cheesecake, a generous slice of which I devoured for lunch after the ride. Pat is quite the accomplished photographer - a new career path perhaps?
Ray

The cheesecake is payback for that Xmas cake and all of the pounds I gained after Xmas, which I attribute to that cake!!

Hello Kenton!

Glad to learn that you had a safe trip home! Kimbo let me know as soon as you walked in the door!
We certainly enjoyed your visit, brief though it was. Trust it will become an annual event! Hello from Rosie-The-Riveter, Coat-Hanger, Working Goil Chloë and Cora Lee. Fondestos to all the Goldilocks People!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment