Thursday 28 March 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Thursday, March 28th

Ambition is like hunger; it obeys no law but its appetite. -Josh Billings, columnist and humorist (1818-1885) 


Patrick James Dunn We don't need no stinkin' hedgehog filled Ishtar eggs!

Hi Everyone

Friday or Saturday would also work for us. Let us know and what we can contribute. Ted and Elaine

Pat,
    Sounds like some good riding, especially the revised Steveston jaunt.
    Finally on the road to recovery but rather weak and unfit I fear. Catching up on tutoring assignments today tha I've had to miss recently and we have guests from Campbell River this afternoon, friends of Sylvia, who are en route to Nepal for a hiking holiday. We also have guests Easter Monday who are visting relatives in Whistler and on the Island at a later date.The garden work is still a necessity, so I've got loads to do. Would like a gentle ride in the next few days - might just have to accompany you and George part way. I'll be in touch. Ray

Kerr-ses from the Rankin file. 

Would love a ride today. Timing tangled with MT and the infinite fluidity of the sisterhood. Should learn promptly -  before dusk.

Let me know the proposed timing of bridge Friday  -- would love to play subject to my day parole issues. W

Ray,

rumour has it you may feel up for a test ride tomorrow. If there is any truth to that let me know. I am up for a morning ride at whatever time suits ya. G
Hi Lads!

Hope you are feeling better, Raymondo. I'm negotiating begging off loft work domani so let me know when you might plan to head out.

About bridge, Giorgio, I told Sarge around 3:30pm-4:00pm, (DST!), so let me know what you think. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hey there,

I am getting so many compliments on my new office décor. I think Grandma Dunn would be pleased that her beautiful things are being displayed for all to enjoy.

I have attached pics:

Wood flower wall plate and brass plate on window shelf
Black and white framed scenes of Venice on wall
Framed winter prairie scene and white stone carved elephant

Thank you again for sharing these tokens of remembrance.

Love the Tinsel Towners

PS: Your grandchildren/nephews have requested Roast Beef and Pop-overs for their post-Lent Easter feast, rather than the traditional ham!!

Place looks great! Have you started reading Lean In? Reviews have been mixed.
Happy Easter! Love Mom


Ayn P
Ayn P updated her status.: "If I hadn't started walking recently I would not have found a young man ODing alone tonight on the Busway walkway. It was scary but I am glad I was there to stay with him until the paramedics arrived. Cried all the way home for all the kids out there in what Poppa refers to as "the mean streets"."
P,

Lest I forget (Kerr ses), Misha does intend to join us on the 7th.

If the Islay in is unavailable, let me know. We can foist ourselves on someone else with accessible digs.

Hope you got some kms on the counter today after totally de-nesting...W


Hi Giggster!

NRBC is more than welcome, with the full blessings of The Sisterhood, to meet at the Islay Inn! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Ayn!

Thanks for lovely snapolas! Simply wonderful that some of Mom's things have a new life and home. Everything looks terrific.

Not a single biking K today as Dusty and I didn't arrive home until 5:45pm! Left at just after 9:00am. Had to keep myself from looking out the window at all the sunshine and mountain peaks sparkling, calling me to Seymour! Still, accomplished much. Curled with Sarge this even and we devastated our opponents. 10/0 at the end of three. They scored one in the fourth and then shook hands! I think they were intimidated by my stick!

Cheers, Poppa "Dreamin' of De-Nesting" San. When will it ever happen? Is it just a dream, Cora Lee? Tell me it 'ain't so! 

Hi Patrick.

You will see that we now have a new email address. We have had a couple of viruses on our computer which deleted all my emails. Some of our contacts have been receiving unsolicited emails from us so if you receive anything from our old yahoo account just delete it! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to look in detail at your last email before it was deleted. However, it appears you arrived back in Vancouver safely and had a great time. Krissy has kept me updated regarding Chloe, the new job and her loft! So glad she managed to land something in her field.

 We just returned from Southampton. We went up to look after Tristan so that Marnie and Ant could go to London to visit some friends. As it happened they ended up not going since we have had the most devilish weather here and London and the north of England had quite bad snow falls last week and over the weekend. Unheard of for this time of year. They decided at the last minute not to go. So instead they booked into a hotel in Lymington in the New Forest for the weekend! They left us with Tristan on Saturday morning and returned on Sunday. It was great having him to ourselves for the weekend! They will be down here in a couple of weeks for a few days since Marnie has to attend Truro College to give a talk to the students regarding the education courses at Winchester University.
We have had a dreadful winter here. Very wet and cold with strong winds. I am sorry we made the decision not to go anywhere this past winter. 
Next year I think we will arrange to rent an apartment in Spain for a couple of months to see out the worst of the winter! My poor bike has been gathering dust and haven't seen the light of day for months! Today was much better. Sunny but still very cool. Gayle and I managed a walk on Perranporth beach then went for a beer at the beach bar on the way back! 

My brother, Michael from Toronto is planning to visit us next month with his son and wife. Have not seen him for quite a few years so looking forward to catching up. His son and his sons wife live in Virginia. I haven't seen him for about 20 years! 

Gudrun Cothey popped in yesterday for a coffee and chat on her way back from choir practice. Steve is working over the Easter weekend but we will drop by to see them sometime next week and maybe head out for a walk somewhere.


Last week we had a rare sunny day so we had a great circular walk at a place called Restronget. On route it has a lovely 14th century pub which saw a devastating fire three years ago. Fortunately they were able to restore it and, apart from the new thatch, you would never know there had been a fire apart from the slight lingering sooty smell on entering. We bought a beer and sat on the dock basking in that strange yellow thing in the sky! (Picture of Gayle attached). Trust you and Corrine will have a good Easter weekend. Best wishes Derek
Three more sleeps till Jen's Hen!!!!!! Excited to be with the ladies and drink BEER out if teacups!!
 Hi Patrick, been a while just a quick note to...
Greg Carpenter


Hi Patrick, been a while just a quick note to say we have finally taken the camper out and it all worked really well, I even managed a catch a fish whilst fishing from the kayak. The whole retirement thing is all a bit complex at the moment Claire is contemplating leaving work in December and I am actually ramping up my training activities so I am now working part time about four days per month so not sure if I hav retired or simply changed direction. Any way its all good. We are off to China for two weeks shortly to have a look at the things that toursits are supposed to see, the wall various palaces the terricotta soldiers and the three gorges and then home. We are not sure if we can get to your end of the world in the short term we need to see how our financials stack up over the next 12 months so we shall see. Cheers Greg and Claire
Hi Everyone

Friday or Saturday would also work for us. Let us know and what we can contribute. Ted and Elaine


we can do Friday or Sunday as well. Corinne
 Hi Mike & Polly

Actually Friday or Sunday works best for us. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Cheers Elaine

Hi Patrick

Glad to hear that you are hobnobbling with our fearless leaders--put in a good word for me--my library visits in the UK were very very valuable for me.

I couldn't believe the photo of you--wouldn't have recognized you--but what a wonderful photo--you should have it printed and framed.


Take care Happy Easter!!! Jo-Anne


No news? Kjell Gösta Nilsson

Looks like Friday 5 April works best. See you all at 630pm. Polly will communicate with you re food contribution. Cheers Mick

P,

I am heading out now for a short ride while Cobby guards the MT. I will stop and see father on my ride. Maybe we can co-ordinate a ride tomorrow. Let me know about bridge possibilities and probabilities. I need guaranteed probabilities. W

Nadienka Wyss

checkin' out Zürich's nightlife tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment