Saturday 16 March 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Saturday, March 16th

If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair. -Samuel Johnson, British lexicographer (1709-1784) 


P,

thanks for the bridge and the maltage. Apart from our poor showing at the table it was a riot. Your outlaws are so much fun to play with and I cannot believe how with it they are at their advanced age. We should be so lucky. 

I may ride in the morning Sunday when the weather is rumoured to break. Let me know your plans. W

Hi Butch Giggage and The Re-Doubled Bid!

My only regret is that I didn't arrive later so that you really would have had to vacuum while I showered! Rosie-the-Riveter and Coat-Hanger are gems indeed. We are very, very fortunate, as you sayy. Too, too bad, however, that game couldn't have gone on longer as I'm sure the cards would have turned in our favour. Still we put up a more than solid, brilliant defense in the face of overwhelming odds!


Just had a long chat with Big Al. He is busy with a number of projects so is doing well on the work front. We talked about cycling around  their new place and he informed me, (as I didn't know/realize this), that the Kettle Valley bike trail starts around Hope. Be great to explore that at some point once they have taken possession of the cabin.

I'm up for a ride tomorrow so perhaps we should ask Robo Man if he is keen as well. I'm pretty flexible in terms of time so let me know what you think. Cheers, Il Conduttore!

PS: You left your hootch so I'll save it to cool down Wrathfiender when next we play! 


Ray,

let me know if you are up for a ride Sunday morning. Weather looks promising. G
So Pierre Prince took his boys to Vegas in my ride for some pre bachelor party fun for Jonathan Bent ...I let him know that if my car gets hurt then his Yukon gets the same Lol...if you need anything big moved I have this GMC tank all damn weekend!!

 On a weekend trip to Little Rock to tour the Clinton Library and Museum:

"Arkansas has a lot of uneducated people. They're country pumpkins."

"Miranda's bosses are like the three Scrooges, not letting her take a day off work."

Randy: "It was like that from the word go."

Ruth: "You mean from the get-go."

It's fun being married to a brilliant woman who is still picking up English expressions! R






Hi Ann, that's great! We will actually be in town. We are free pretty much any time.
Do you want to come over on Friday nite for dinner?

Looking forward to seeing you, unfortunately Mom and Dad return that day to Winnipeg.

Best Corinne

Watching the game with my dad and here's Nicole and Jake

Hi Pat,
Great chatting this morning!.
Hey I’m wondering which address I should use? I sent it to both the ones I have just in case.
Here’s a link to the trans Canada trail page where you can find some more info on bike trips.
Cheers, Al
http://www.trailsbc.ca/southwest_region/sw_home.asp

Hi Ann, that's great! We will actually be in town. We are free pretty much any time.
Do you want to come over on Friday nite for dinner?

Looking forward to seeing you, unfortunately Mom and Dad return that day to Winnipeg.

Best Corinne

Hi.  Just a reminder about our deadlines -

Let Harry know by March 18th if you plan to attend;
Get him your cheque by March 25th if you are attending.

Thanks, Nadine





Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:44:58 -0800
>To: lib-emeritus@interchange.ubc.ca
>From: Nadine Baldwin <nbaldwin@telus.net>
>Subject: UBC Retired Librarians Annual Luncheon 2013
>Cc: harry.young@ubc.ca, manuela.boscenco@ubc.ca, nbaldwin@telus.net
>
>Dear All.  Here are the details about our 2013 annual luncheon.



DATE:
>WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3RD 2013
>
>TIME:
>12 NOON - 2:30 PM
>
>PLACE:
>DODSON ROOM (ROOM 302), UBC LIBRARY, BARBER LEARNING CENTRE
>1961 EAST MALL
>Note that the nearest parkade is the North Parkade by SUB.  It has
>no elevator as far as I can see.  There is elevator access to the
>3rd floor of Barber from inside the East Mall entrance to the building.
>
>SPEAKER:
>Ingrid Parent, University Librarian
>Ingrid will be our guest and give us an update on what is happening
>at the UBC Libraries.
>
>COST:
>Cold buffet lunch:  $20.
>Cold buffet lunch with a glass of wine:  $25.
>Prices include gratuity and taxes.  I have $30 left from last year,
>so I will pay for our guest from that.
>CHEQUES:
>Make cheques out to:  University of British Columbia Library.  In
>the notes section write:  UBC Ret. Libs Luncheon 2013.  Send cheques to:
>HARRY YOUNG, EXEC. COORDINATOR
>OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
>UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
>IRVING K. BARBER LEARNING CENTRE
>1961 EAST MALL
>VANCOUVER, B.C. V6T 1Z1
 


>DEADLINES:
>Please reply by MARCH 18TH 2013 if you plan to attend.  Please send
>your cheque in to Harry by MARCH 25TH 2013.  Please observe the
>deadlines as Harry must place the food and beverage orders before
>the Easter weekend.  Hearing from you sooner rather than later is helpful.
>
>MENU:
>Assorted salads and a variety of sandwiches/wraps.  Soft beverages,
>coffee, tea.  Assorted dessert squares.  The sandwiches include
>gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options.  Wine is an option at $5 per glass.
>
>EXPLANATION:
>Our venue changed from Sage Bistro this year because it is closed
>for renovations until September.  I am grateful to Harry Young for
>providing alternative space and arranging for the food and drink, as
>well as taking care of the financial arrangements.  Call me if you
>have questions about any of the above.
 

 I look forward to seeing you there, Nadine I will be out of town as follows:  Jan.31-Feb.14; Mar.20-24.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment