Friday 26 April 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Friday, April 26th

Our chief want in life is somebody who shall make us do what we can. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882) 


Hi, Patrick.

Thanks for your message.  It was grand to see you and Corinne on Monday evening.  I really enjoyed our visit too . . . your genuine interest in my images and stories of India was much appreciated.   And your own travel stories are lots of fun too!  I am amazed at your courage in successfully navigating the Istanbul traffic.  It's some of the worst I've ever seen (with Cairo and Jaipur rating among the other top contenders.)
 


I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend sufficiently to be out and about on your bike again.  I had my final (3rd) post-op check on my foot yesterday.  I must admit that I was a little disappointed.  While the incision has healed very well, the deeper healing seems to be taking longer.  To reach the appointment, I had taken my most ambitious walk yet since the surgery,  and during the appointment I attempted various manipulations, following all of which I was experiencing some of the worst pain yet.  However, indications from the surgeon are that I am on the normal recovery spectrum.  (I think that I may have misunderstood the "standard 4-6 recovery period" as meaning total recovery instead of just wound recovery.)  Well, I expect to return to work on Monday in any case.

There is a paucity of good films on at the moment, so I was interested in your recommendations of Barbara and Lore.  However, I checked the Vancity website and they don't seem to be on the schedule.  Perhaps they'll come back . . . . I'll watch the listings. I emailed Eyob about a date in June (perhaps the 14th). Will let you know when I hear back from him . . . . All the best! Janet


Thank you for all the music George Jones...got to know you well when I ran away from home to be a nanny for chain-smokers who paid me with expired Avon products and only fed me and the kids Kraft cheese spread...#mummyhadtorescueme
Patrick James Dunn You hated fresh tomatoes long, long before then, Drama Queen!

Thank you, I appreciate your hospitality and generosity, I do get tired of having popcorn for dinner or cereal!!! Cheers Have a great weekend, I'll be driving the lovely highway to Kamloops. Joanne.

Hi Jim!

Trust you are well. Apparently Robo Man is spending all his time splitting wood, of late. From a Gardener to a Lumberjack! He'll soon be stopping to collect kindling on our rides instead of having lattes!

With respect to our coming visit I managed to book train from London to York on July 17th, arriving at 9:47am. Hope date and arrival time are convenient. Fondestos from Cora Lee to you and Chris. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Gayle and Derek!

Trust you are well. Has your weather improved? Been lovely here least week or so but starting to cloud up for the weekend! Nothing changes!!! Continue to be busy here. Spare bedroom is now re-painted and much of the furniture moved back in. Need to re-possess two bookshelves on temporary loan to Clan Suterland when Chloë was staying. Michele said she would empty them this weekend. She and Cora lee have just left to take in a film at 5th Avenue, The Sapphires. I didn't know anything about it:


Inspired by a true story, THE SAPPHIRES follows four vivacious, young and talented Australian Aboriginal girls from a remote mission as they learn about love, friendship and war when their all girl group The Sapphires entertains the U.S. troops in Vietnam in 1968.

 Saw a brief clip on the Net so will be curious to hear what The Sisterhood thought. Let me know what you think about France and we'll plan accordingly. Of course, if not feasible after your trip to Vancouver, etc., don't be concerned. Just thought it might be of interest as the holiday you usually need after being away on holiday! Reasonably close and certainly economical as well, in spite of daily charges for nubile Swedish masseuses!!! Fondestos from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio! 
 
In 1963, Alfred “Freddy” Heineken visited the Caribbean island of Curaçao and noted two issues: the lack of building materials for the island’s lower class and the excess of bottles littering their beaches. In response, he connected with Dutch architect N. John Habraken and the Heineken WOBO (World Bottle) was invented. The WOBO is a Heineken-branded beer bottle that doubles as a stackable, self-aligning and interlocking brick made for building eco-homes. One thousand WOBO bricks would be needed to make a simple 10 X 10 foot structure. According to Wikipedia, almost every bottle has been destroyed and only two remaining WOBO structures exist “and they are both on the Heineken estate in Noordwijk, near Amsterdam…”

The first was a small shed which had a corrugated iron roof and timber supports where the builder could not work out how to resolve the junction between necks and bases running in the same direction. Later, a timber double garage was renovated with WOBO siding. Alfred Heineken did not develop the WOBO concept further and the idea never got a chance to materialize…

P,

Thanks for the Burke. Perfect timing. Just finished Ghostman by Hobbs (recommended by Ralf of all people -- and well worth reading) and was needing a fix. 

The MT will use the squash bags for what she calls clandestine missions. A good healthy choice I thought. 

Amira & I are bound for Eugene, OR. where she has a tourney on the weekend of the 4th and 5th.  We will camp and cycle our way down -- from the sag wagon Deli base camp. We leave Sunday midday. I return on the 3rd. 

Let me know how you are feeling. How is the head where the hammer felled you? The shoulder smitten, the bite in the nether parts where ...I did not get the full review on the movies. Has my subscription lapsed?

 Hi Giggster Maniac!

How like The Sisterhood you have become, to vaunt a road trip and then complain about missing things when absent! Talk about cake and eating it too!!! Save your money for the Canal du Midi and the Swedish masseusses you Fanfarrón! Nevertheless, a grand time will be had by all. Hello and Buona Fortuna to Amira! Maybe I'll ride to the Peace Arch to meet you. You'll need an extra pair of panniers for all the Duty Free hootch anyway! Pleased to learn that the MT will use bags for covert work. Think Expats is based on her early life!!!  Bon Voyage if we don't chat before you leave. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Lunch...pedicure...nap on the deck in the 85 degree Cali sun...the best way to spend a Friday afternoon!
Hi JT!

Always wondered how you could afford your pad fantastique! Guess you can save a bit if you live on popcorn and Cornflakes! Hope you don't have any trouble on the Coquihalla. Supposed to start to cloud up for the weekend! Nothing changes!!! Off to FCCC to bike and read. Enjoy your weekend Daaaaaaaaaaarlin'! Cheers, Patrizzio!


 Hi, Patrick.

Thanks for your message.  It was grand to see you and Corinne on Monday evening.  I really enjoyed our visit too . . . your genuine interest in my images and stories of India was much appreciated.   And your own travel stories are lots of fun too!  I am amazed at your courage in successfully navigating the Istanbul traffic.  It's some of the worst I've ever seen (with Cairo and Jaipur rating among the other top contenders.)


I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend sufficiently to be out and about on your bike again.  I had my final (3rd) post-op check on my foot yesterday.  I must admit that I was a little disappointed.  While the incision has healed very well, the deeper healing seems to be taking longer.  To reach the appointment, I had taken my most ambitious walk yet since the surgery,  and during the appointment I attempted various manipulations, following all of which I was experiencing some of the worst pain yet.



However, indications from the surgeon are that I am on the normal recovery spectrum.  (I think that I may have misunderstood the "standard 4-6 recovery period" as meaning total recovery instead of just wound recovery.)  Well, I expect to return to work on Monday in any case . . . . 

There is a paucity of good films on at the moment, so I was interested in your recommendations of
Barbara and Lore.  However, I checked the Vancity website and they don't seem to be on the schedule.  Perhaps they'll come back . . . . I'll watch the listings . . . . I emailed Eyob about a date in June (perhaps the 14th). Will let you know when I hear back from him . . . . All the best! Janet


Hi Janet! From the sounds of it, you and I are keeping the doctors busy. Saw my dottore at 10:30am this morning as well.  Fondestos from Cora Lee. Buona Fortuna with work on Monday! Let us know what Eyob says about June 14th. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi again, Paolo!

Grand that you are now well ensconced in a boutique hotel. Paula certainly is a live wire! It was VC rather than PC. Buona Fortuna with negotiating long weekend. Rain here, it seems! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Lynette and Maya!

Trust you are both well. Just wanted to say how delighted we were to receive pictures of Adrian's strapping young lads! Love how some things never change. Can remember when Chloë had a bath in sink at Falcon Lake with her cousin Marlo! Fondestos from Cora Lee to you both. Best wishes to Adrian. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


 Hi Kimbo et al! Trust all goes well. Fondestos from Cora Lee. Buona Fortuna with search for work. Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Hi Filmer! Very sad story about Travis' friend. I did find the clip fascinating. Otherwise, trust all goes well. Fondestos from Cora Lee. Buona Fortuna with snow and floods to come. Perhaps you should be flying to Vancouver instead of me to Winnipeg! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment