Saturday 13 April 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Saturday, April 13th

 A closed mind is like a closed book: just a block of wood. -Chinese Proverb 
Hi Pat,
Thanks very much for the warning re pumping gas and cell phone usage. Here’s also an important short video to warn people about the dangers of smoking in the vicinity of gas pumps that I urge everyone to watch!! Cheers, Al

Hi Big Al!

Glad to see that there is still some shred of the pyromaniac left inside you! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi again, Pyro Man!



Was just wondering if you are interested in attending Dram Come True on Friday, May 31st? I'm probably going to buy tickets this coming week so if you want to go I'll pick up one for you. Giorgio is probably joining the group. Anyway, let me know and I'll plan accordingly.

On another matter, there are a couple of pieces of sheet metal duct work at the loft that were replaced, I gather, when a new hot water tank was installed, about two years ago. They are almost new and I found them when we were working on the new flooring, stashed inside the small closet housing the tank. I wondered if you might want them. As well, quite a few plugs and toggle light switches that we replaced with newer versions/covers, etc. I thought you might want them for the cabin, in the unfinished basement or elsewhere for that matter. If you have no need for either the metal or the electrical hardware we'll simply dispose of them but if you, or somebody you know, might want them, we'll hang on to the material and/or drop stuff off, at some point. Not a big deal but I hate to throw out anything that might be of use to someone else, at least without first asking.

 Anyway, be in touch when you have a moment from your obviously busy schedule. Re-painting of spare room here is proceeding but as I'm sure I need not tell you, all these "projects" seem to take much longer than one would like!

Very much looking forward to the "sleep-over" on June 15th at the Sunshine Valley Chalet! We'll need to talk beforehand and try to figure out how to bike some of the route. As I think I might have mentioned, perhaps from Bridal Falls. Any thoughts on this? I looked at Google maps and if I have the right destination, turning off the Crowsnest Hwy just past Cedar Lake onto Alpine Blvd, distance is about 54 K. Is this, more or less, where you are? Distance doesn't reflect change in altitude, of course and by bike estimated time is 3 hours and 55 minutes! Could be fun!! Alternatively, from Hope it is less than half the distance, 21.5 K and estimated time is 2 hours. Should we start today? Cheers, Patrizzio! 


P, Out for a jaunt on the bikes with  sisterhood. Dropped by to drop off the Kerr. Called but no answer at the I inn. Snuck along poor security yellow fencing.Maggie snarled. Went to GI brewery and had a beer. Chloe gave me a nice hug. Apparently Corinne had just departed. You were half way to China on a swim I presume. W

Hi Book Thief and Robo Man!

Sarge is keen to ride at around 9:00am-9:30am on Sunday morning to explore route to his work in Surrey. However, for this ride he wants to go over CSTB and along River Road to explore access to Alex Fraser. If of any interest, one or both could turn back at any point. We will probably ride over AF and then dipsy-doodle around the Surrey end to scout best access routes near base of bridge and then back the way we came. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly.

Grand, grand ride today. 122 K over 6:00:17, AVG 20.3 KPH, MAX 53.3 KPH. Excruciating details to follow! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hi Patrick & Corinne, hope all is well with you. Dusty & Clara must have been reluctant to go back to winter yesterday. The weather has been so awful in Winnipeg. Looking forward to seeing you this evening. Best, Ann


Hi Folks,

Wanted to share an alert we just received from RBC with you. Rates will go up slightly on April 24, so best to purchase before. Thanks, Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment