Tuesday 19 February 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Tuesday, February 19th

Language is a city to the building of which every human being brought a stone. Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882) 


The next gathering is next Sunday, 24th February, 2013 – at Guy’s, East 4th Avenue (in the block east of Victoria St). 

The book is: Suttree by Cormac McCarthy. Moe has chosen Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie to follow the McCarthy. Guy is thinking about what book should follow the Massie.

Thanks Pat we will see you tomorrow.  Judy

Alexander Graham Bell demonstrates a prototype of the telephone
don't know if I spelled correctly.

Why do you think this is a good way to communicate?  Seems it is similiar to Face Book.  I don't seem to find anything on that worth seeing unless someone emails me to see their pictures of .........whatever.

What I hear is people have a habit of thinking they are talking to a specific person but it goes out to everyone.  Bad news.  Reminds me of a couple of people talking on the marine radio.  They get really interesting in their conversation and say "Now don't tell anyone but............."  And the results is they have told the whole world who is listening.  I keep hearing of people getting in trouble when they post too much.  Like the people here in FL. that posted pics of picking up manatees etc.  I guess they are now being fined or jailed. 

Let me know if I have this wrong.  I love to email you but talking to your where everyone can read.  I think not. Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment