Friday 1 February 2013

Jambalaya Diaries: Friday, February 1st

Never cut what you can untie. -Joseph Joubert, essayist (1754-1824) 


Onomastics:

Noun: The study of proper names or of terms used in a specialized field.


Gillian and Adrian Bayford [paolucci7l@msn.com]

My wife and I are donating £1,500,000.00 GBP to five(5)lucky individuals contact us with your information for details See Sky http://bitly.com/ShgzRp

Kora J Pridy

Hello, my dear host father, Patrick!
Great to hear from you!
The photos are great!!
I could easily imagine from your e-mail that you are having such a wonderful time.

I've been having good and relaxing time in San Diego.
On weekdays, Sho whom I'm visiting needs to work, so I go around by myself.
There are beaches in walking distance from the house!
Also I have friends here, so I went out with them for dinner.

I heard from Ayn that you will be in L.A on 13th.
Unfortunately I'm leaving for Japan on 12th!
I may not be able to see you this time...
But it would be great if I could at least talk to you!
Do you have cell phone that I can reach you?

We are going to desert camping this weekend.
And he'll take Monday and Tuesday off, so we are going for wine tasting!

I'm excited!!

No plans on 6th, 7th and 8th.
I'm thinking about going to Utha on 7th and 8th by myself.
Or if I can visit you somewhere, it would be nice!

Please keep enjoy the sun and company with your friends.
Big hugs to Corinne! Love, Toshiko
Hello Patrick,

Thanks for sending all of the pictures along and for checking in and sharing news of your trip. So glad all is going well, save the injuries that a couple of you have suffered. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I look forward to meeting up with you when you get back. Please say hello to Corrine. Kerry

Kora J Pridy

HI Patrick

Very sorry to hear about Imre. Good to have met him.

I am beginning to lose track of your meanderings- where will you be fronting up next? 

Is this a typical winter season of hardship for you both? Deserting your cycling companions to the wet and frosty streets of BC and drinking lattes too!

Haven't heard much from Ray recently but received a circular of a Youtube video from him of the main shopping street in West Hartlepool circa 1960s before they knocked it down. Rugby internationals start tomorrow so that should spark his correspondence back into life.

We have just recovered from 2 weeks snow caused of course by global warming ( "your children may  never see snow again"). 

Kora J Pridy

Richard our son has just finished skiing in Japan and is now in Houston for a week or so with work so that's another way of avoiding the UK winter. 

We have planned a couple of short breaks the first in February in the North Yorks Moors and in June a trip round Austria staying at Salzburg and Kaprun. When I relented about Chris' choice of location she rushed and booked up only to realise that we would be away for William's first birthday. 

Haven't been on a real bike for 3 weeks with the conditions and still trying to recover from tendonitis and shoulder problem through more exercise in gym and on exercise bike. I think some warm weather and warm sea would be a better solution.

Thanks for the photos- I feel much better now.

Visited mother the other day on way back from visiting Laura in Newcastle to find she had been humouring three of the trainees by playing dominoes with them- not sure who won however.

Do enjoy the next stage of your travels. Best wishes Jim and Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment