Friday 17 May 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Friday, May 17th

Our lives are like islands in the sea, or like trees in the forest. The maple and the pine may whisper to each other with their leaves ... But the trees also commingle their roots in the darkness underground, and the islands also hang together through the ocean's bottom. -William James, psychologist and philosopher (1842-1910) 


P, It will have to be a 9:30 start at HBT. I have to take MT into school. Please confirm if that is okay by you. T and me will be getting on our bikes by 8:20. 

I think I am still okay for a DCT on the 31st but will double check the sisterhood ghost calendar for surprise events. W

Dear Esconcenheimer! I sense some "creeping" equivocation regarding time, ("the earlier the better"), leading to complete petrification of attitude and demeanour but assume you are fighting the brain-washing foisted upon you by the Glittering Sisterhood and will keep my side of the hard bargain you always insist on imposing, in the manner of your hero and mentor, bully extraordinaire 'Orrible 'Ungie! See you at 9:30am at the imputed rendezvous! Cheers, Il Exscindare!

Hi John!

Thanks for the VCR Matrix. Perhaps I'll use it in Tinsel Town this weekend. We leave domani, from Bellingham, to attend Alejandro's , (youngest Los Horrido), graduation in Hons Biology from U Cal, Northridge. Back following Tuesday and them I'm off to Winnipeg, without Cora Lee, to attend the 100th Anniversary of my Junior High School, Isaac Brock! Fondestos to Jean and the pooches. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Raymond!

Sorry that you couldn't join us yesterday but you sound pretty busy as it is. Giorgio met me at HBT yesterday at 10:30am and we did a quick up-and-over LG and then back around Science World. I accompanied him as far as Stephens and then made my way back home, doing a few short dipsy doodles around Kits Point to bring my total to 53.3 K over 2:49:28, AVG 18.9 KPH, MAX 51.2 KPH. Quite obvious that he is slowing me down so really need back with us, out front, straining on the tether! Actually, I quite enjoyed the ride as felt good to simply stretch my muscles after long ride of day before.

Corinne returned Suspect yesterday and I'll try to pop Harold by your place later today. Will probably call as I'd like to meet the Perthites if they are around. Sorry to hear about Sylvia's delay but glad she made it safely to London in the end. Giggster and I are riding again this morning, meeting at 9:30am at our place. He has to accompany Tia to school first. Please join us if this might work for you. Looks like it weather might deteriorate towards noon. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 


Hi Lads!

Thought that "actor" and "fisherman" in you both would appreciate this! Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hi again, Lads:

When does the movie come out, starring Tom as Jamey?  I take it Al with be consulting on shoot! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 


Hi Bob!

Trust your time in Seattle went well. Just a quick note to thank you again for such a wonderful lunch and visit. Certainly enjoyed the delicious meal and it was a delight to be able to catch-up. Will be in touch about brunch with Olivetti but hope we might be able to get together before then, with Cora Lee! Thanks again, Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Drinks with Flamin' and Sarge before Cora Lee and I went out for our 37th anniversary dinner, at The Keg, of all places. In fact, we had very, very tasty filet mignon. Choice of place was precipitated by the fact that we had a gift certificate for the restaurant. Otherwise think we would have gone to Edible Canada, on GI as well and one of our favourite dining establishments.


Hi Aquitaine! How are you How time passes! Thanks for lovely invitation but unfortunately we won't be able to attend this year. We already have tickets for A Dram Come True, a malt tasting fund raiser for Vancouver Writers Fest that very same evening.

Busy, busy time here and loads to tell but will have to wait for now. We'd love to see you so perhaps in June. Let us know what your plans for the summer are. We leave for London on July 10th, doing a house exchange in Cornwall for month of August. After that I'm renting a house in Languedoc for September, (Sleeps 10 comfortably so come on over! I'm serious!!!), while Coriandre is in Italy with her Book Club, for most of that month. On September 28th we join Flamin' and Sarge for a barge trip along Canal Du Midi for two weeks, with two other couples. Back in Vancouver on October 19th, just in time to volunteer for the VWF. Pics:
Alejandro playing volleyball with his fraternity brothers.


Hi David! We'd love to see you here at GI but unfortunately we won't be here in August. We leave for London on July 10th, doing a house exchange in Cornwall for month of August. After that I'm renting a house in Languedoc for September, while Coriandre is in Italy with her Book Club, for most of that month. On September 28th we join close friends, Flamin' and Sarge, for a barge trip along Canal Du Midi for two weeks, with two other couples. Back in Vancouver on October 19th, just in time to volunteer for the VWF.

Busy time here but perhaps June might work. (Thanks for invitation to White Rock, as well.) We leave for Tinsel Town domani, from Bellingham, to attend Alejandro's, (youngest grandson's), graduation in Hons Biology from U Cal, Northridge. Back following Tuesday and them I'm off to Winnipeg, without Cora Lee, to attend the 100th Anniversary of my Junior High School, Isaac Brock!

In fact we haven't seen Liora and Lawrence in years really. I bumped into them two years ago when volunteering at VIFF but other than that we simply drifted apart, as these things go. Too bad about August as would have been delighted to meet your friends from France. Which part? Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hi Colin! Thanks for ensuring that I am not overlooked in the Great Scheme of Things! Much appreciated, even as a footnote in archival footage!!! Thanks again for ensuring my place in posterity. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Shifty Judge!

Perhaps you'll be asked to play a role in film version of The Sisters Brothers! Keep working with the broom, however, until contacted!

As I know I already mentioned, we are getting ready to fly to LA. Corinne sends her best wishes. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 


Hi Steel Magnolia!

Very pleased to learn that your Dad is becoming stronger. Wish him all the best from us, please.

I understand about your holidays, etc. Not to worry. Of course, we'd enjoy seeing you and the boys. Nonetheless, if it turns out that you decide to come to Languedoc at the last minute that is fine. Apparently place sleeps 10 comfortably. I don't anticipate that there will be that many people there at one time but nice to know there is quite a bit of flexibility.

Time to start packing. I have to have my Winnipeg Stuff organized as well as we probably won't be home until about 10:00pm night before I fly out. Leave reasonably early in the morning so want to have most things ready beforehand. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!



Pics: Lunch with Bob at his place in New Westminster, this past Tuesday. Drinks with Flamin' and Sarge, that evening before Cora Lee and I went out for our 37th anniversary dinner, at The Keg, of all places. In fact, we had very, very tasty filet mignon and a wonderful South Australian Red, Strike, we'd not known about . Choice of place was precipitated by the fact that we had a gift certificate for the restaurant. Otherwise think we would have gone to Edible Canada, on GI as well and one of our favourite dining establishments. 

Patrick Give my best to those in the Hollywood vicinity and congratulation to the graduand. All is well here with dogs vigilantly maintaining a deer-free property. Oeneologically yours, John

Hi again, John! Will pass along your congratulations to Alejandro. Glad dogs are keeping pushy deer away. Could you send them over to deal with the crows here? They are terrorizing Maggie! Cheers, VCR Forever, Patrizzio!

Pics: This past Tuesday, drinks, (Tinhorn Creek 2012 Pinot Gris), with Flamin' and Sarge, that evening before Cora Lee and I went out for our 37th anniversary dinner, at The Keg, of all places. In fact, we had very, very tasty filet mignon and a wonderful South Australian Red, Strike, we'd not known about . Choice of place was precipitated by the fact that we had a gift certificate for the restaurant. Otherwise think we would have gone to Edible Canada, on GI as well, and one of our favourite dining establishments. Alejandro playing volleyball with his frat brothers.


P, cannot join you for the DCT tasting. I am seeing Tia's dance performance that night, G

Hi Giorgio!

Too, too bad about conflict. You'll be missed by Sarge, Big Al and his father-in-law, Heraldo. Dave, (Maya's ex-husband), will be joining us as well. I'll expect you to pack all my weekend kit on ride to HB as I'm quite sure I'll be nursing quite an overhang! Might even need tether to help me over LG and then hills en route to HB!

After I left you two I dipsy doodled my way around Kits Point to log 51 K before heading for Olympic Village. Few sprinkles but nothing serious, en route. More dipsy doodleage there until I had enough to head home with 65.5K over 3:23:43, AVG 19.3 KPH, MAX 50.6 KPH. Funny how my speed increased once you were out of the cycling picture! Guess you exhausted yourself with your new best same frame friend!

I'll send out a messaggio to Bridge Fiends letting them know I'm away.  Enjoy Whistler. Buona Fortuna to Tia Maria. Stopping in Squamish for HSB? Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Big Al! Have Heraldo's ticket for DCT. As well, had a message from Tom in which he explained his absence:

Yes, I was well aware of Clyde's death. We had performed together in a couple of musicals -
Annie, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum - and I had seen him fairly recently at Metro Theatre's 50th anniversary celebration. He was very brave about his health setbacks and kept very active right up to the end. My non-show was due to a malfunctioning car, discovered the same day, so from our distance from town I couldn't manage to get there. I was very sorry about it.



On another matter, I had lunch with a close friend, Bob Altwein, this past week. During the course of the meal he mentioned he was keen to visit San Miguel de Allende so I told him about Sue and Heraldo and their many stays there. Would you ask them if I could put him in touch with them? He'd like to know a bit about rental such as they managed. Furthermore he is quite a talented artist and hopes to take some courses there as well. They can contact him directly or else I'll suggest he email them. If the latter, could you proved their email addresses. Thanks. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Andrew! I'd like to sign up for the Flat Fix Clinic, Monday, June 17th, 6:30pm-7:30pm. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Raymond! Pleased you were able to join us today.Thought I'd mention that I signed up for the Flat Fix Clinic at WPC. This way, I'll be able to tell Jim what to do when he fixes my punctures!!! Fondestos to Sylvia when next you chat/Skype. Cheers for now, Patrizzio! 

Hi Pat, Thanks for the photos. I still need to send you the one i took. It was busy later Tuesday – just back from Seattle now – the trip went well. I enjoyed our time together, very much too. Look forward to seeing you and Corinne soon. bob 

P, thanks for the ride today. I am glad to learn that Ray and I, with our profound grace and power, improved your stats exponentially. By the by, Corinne has promised us the infamous orange TREK in your absence. We intend to show what the bike is really capable of doing in the way of stats. We will then take turns crashing it in Point Grey.  Believe me you, I would rather attend the DCT than the dance. I readily admit, I just don't get the appeal.  Safe travels, W

Hi Exponential Equivocator! I have the poifect solution for the DCT. Send Cora Lee along with Kerry to Dance with the Stars. She won't be going to the malt tasting anyway so why keep a good man down? The Sisterhood can plot while we try to forget the machinations to come!

I'll leave the TREK on the deck and if you can get around the low tech security system, (Big Yellow Fence), you are welcome to use it. Crash Test Dummies are from Winnipeg so it seems rather appropriate. Have a grand time at Whistler. Hope you are able to do a bit of riding in between dance numbers. Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Hello Lads!

I understand the group will convene at Ted's place this coming Tuesday, May  21st. We'll still be in LA so that leaves me out. Perhaps Elaine or Polly might wish to play. Or Ragin' Bull. I'll leave that with you to arrange.

I'm back from Winnipeg on May 28th so I'm available to play either that evening or Wednesday/Thursday, as group would like. Just let me know when something is decided. Buona Fortuna. Cheers, Il Conduttore! 


I am not available this week either.  Wayne


Hi Bob! Glad you enjoyed your time in Seattle together. I sent Al Waldron and email asking him if I could put you in touch with his Father-in-Law, Gerry, and his wife, Sue, regarding San Miguel de Allende.  Will let you know how to proceed once I've heard back. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment