Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Alejandro Diaries: Tuesday, May 21st, Graduation Day!

True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice that produces beggars needs restructuring. -Martin Luther King, Jr., civil-rights leader (1929-1968) 


Hi Pat, last part was very funny. Not nude this time please. In fact, we will need to discuss the wardrobe. Just kidding. bob

Good Morning Bob! I have already retained Cora Lee for the sitting fashion advice. I'd be worried as I think she will move on to your acrylic colour selection once she is finished with me. You are kleine Kartoffeln as a fascistic artist when it comes to Die Direktoren! She walks all over struggling artists living in high rise garrets without even having a second thought about "artistic integrity" unless it fits in with her colour scheme. I hope you are ready to be told which paint to purchase for your apartmento's coming redecoration! Cheers, Patrizzio The Colour Blind Model! 


Hi Bob!

Just received an email from Big Al:

Jerry's email address is  gerryteahan@yahoo.ca and I'm sure he'd be happy to share whatever info he can re: San Miguel.

Just pop Heraldo a note, mentioning our connection   he'll understand why you have contacted him and outline what you have in mind. His 80th birthday is being celebrated this coming Sunday but I'll be in Winnipeg. I'll ask Cora Lee to mention you if you haven't heard from him by then.

Just back from the Van Nuys Pool. Ayn dropped me off at just after 8:00am. Was quite foggy this morning so it was rather nice to have some cloud cover for most of my swim. Sky started to clear about 9:30am and I was nearing my 2 mile goal when lifeguard told me pool was closing. I had swum 1.75 miles so wasn't too, too disappointed. Apparently the pool is vacuumed at this time every day. Said I'd do it while doing my laps, (Told this to Ayn when I returned home as she really has a vacuum fetish/compulsion! She was, as one might expect, not amused!!!), but my generous offer was declined.

After I send this message I plan to compose a nasty letter to local city Councillor to complain, especially after the exorbitant entry fee: free admission for Seniors! Speaking of messages, this just in from Berne:       Dear Pat and Corinne


We hope you are well ( or well again Pat, under given circumstances) ! We just came home from a trip to Germany to Ex-DDR Bundesland Thüringen where we rented an apartment in Weimar at the very central Herder-Platz, from which we could do everything on foot. It was an old plan once to study " German Klassik" and myth of Weimar.

We were shocked to learn about your accident, Pat, but you have been lucky after all again !!! All of us from this end wish you all the best for a full recovery and we wish to recommend you to buy a Swiss-Trottinette and a Swiss-helmet for your future activities.

We are happy to say that we are quite well. The most exiting news is that we will become grandparents very soon, Sabine is pregnant. This will change also our lives to some extent since we will be part time babysitters. Sabine will reduce her teaching very much but still holding track to her profession which calls for some assistance by grandparents, we look forward to that!  Simon is still at the Uniclinic in Bern and he will go next  year to the Uniclinic in Basel to become an ophthalmologist. So he will be close to Mike who is also at the Uni in Basel. Nicolas is actually with his girlfriend Nina in Cuba on holiday for two weeks, they finished their studies end last year. Nicolewich will have to serve as a civil worker from next month for half a year in various projects ( also as an Architect, but not only ) because he did not join the Swiss army.


We are planning to rebuild Evelines garageatelier somehow for better natural lighting from above for her oil painting. Now she paints inhouse with acrylic color without oil smell.

So you see we are busy and not so happy holiday-engineers as canadians! No, in fact we have reserved an apartment in Liguria for suntanking and leave last week in August till mid September. So we are here until  August 25 and after September 16, and your visit would be a highlight before or after that. We would try to collect everybody from the Leus and Barthlomes and Rothenbuhlers whom we can catch to clink glasses with you. We hope this is somehow suitable for you and that you not only overfly us!

Fondestos, dearest friends, Eveline and Heinz

Must away as The Drama Queen is barking out orders. I'm to dice and slice various things needed for this evening's banquet. We have to leave the apartment for CSUN at 2:00pm so she is fussing about not having everything ready in time. Cora Lee is ignoring her, watching her favourite soap, The Young and the Restless, Pierre is texting his friends, I'm corresponding and Ayn is swearing like a sailor in the kitchen! 'Ain't life grand. Cheers, Die Würfelmeister!

PS: I'm including an unflattering snap of The Drama Queen as punishment for her unreasonableness! Karma in action, something you from your Asian experiences are intimately familiar with, I'm sure!



Hi D, Mags just puked all over your green bedspread can I wash it?? Or do I have to dry clean. Poor kitten, xx

Hi Chloë and The Feline Patient! Sorry to hear about your troubles, Maggie! Cheers, The Dicing King!

See you there. Mike, call me if you need transportation. George
I am not there tonight have fun. Wayne
Hi Lads! One No Trump when it's my turn to bid! Unflattering snap of The Drama Queen as punishment for her unreasonableness! Karma in action, in technicolour from Tinsel Town!

Hi Raymond! You sound as if you are a professional tour guide and chef all rolled into one! Cheers, Die Würfelmeister!

Hi Big Al!

Thanks very much for sending along Heraldo's email address, especially when you are so busy. How was weekend at cabin?Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hi Patrice,

I just had a chance to review your last couple of emails and had a few chuckles as always! Glad to here you`ve shaken off your apprehension about riding and are racking up more mileage than ever , I have been so busy between the cabin and work but have still gotten out for some nice rides . I really enjoyed riding down through the park and then around Shadbolt center and the Burnaby art gallery with it`s beautiful rhododendren gardens. I kind of dread the big hill coming back but have figured out a number of interesting routes back up and some that are more gradual and wind through some beautiful neighbourhoods like Buckingham which is like the Shaughnessy of Burnaby.


I just spent 5 nights at the cabin from Thursday until this morning  where I left at 5 am and arrived home at 7am only to get a call asking if I could help out the guys at Steveston. I had taken a week and a half off and had wanted to get back and see the progress anyway so I spent a soggy day out there kind of regretting that I had agreed to go instead of having the nap
that I really needed and wanted!.

Although we had some r and r time at the cabin I spent a lot of time cleaning up around the place. There was an unbelievable amount of junk left by the previous owner which we`ve been sorting through .  On top of that there were squirrels or pack rats living in the basement (which I`ve been calling the screaming hell pit) for some time and they`ve made disgusting nests from the fiberglass in the walls and cedar boughs. I made a lot of progress with the shop vac and a shovel the last few days and it`s starting to show some potential.

I`ll look forward to sharing some more when i`m not so tired and get a chance to spend some time on the computer. thanks for keeping me up to speed on your adventures. cheers, Al


Hi Patrick, So you're keeping busy.  Jacqueline and I also like travelling in Italy and France.  Our French friends are from a little town in Provence called "Tourrettes-sur-Loup".  They like to do house exchanges but we weren't planning to go to France this summer and Icouldn't find anyone else to do an exchange.  So they will be staying in a hotel in the West End.  (This is better for them, anyway, than being out in White Rock).

We also have drifted away from Liora and Lawrence, "as these things go". We'll keep June in mind as a month when you might possibly be at home. David



  • Patrick James Dunn

    Hi again Jean! Glad to know that things are fine. Do hope we can orchestrate a visit in September. I'll be in touch as plans and visitors for/to Beau Soleil evoleve. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 



Theater of Delphi on the southwestern spur of Mount Parnassus
Photo: Leonid Tsvetkov

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment