Thursday 23 May 2013

The Isaac Brock Diaries: Thursday, May 23rd

The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best -- and therefore never scrutinize or question. -Stephen Jay Gould, paleontologist, biologist, author (1941-2002) 


Jean Homsy
Great, hope it works out. Bye the way do or did you ever use Craig's List ?
  • Patrick James Dunn

    Hi Jean! We've used Craig's List a few times in the past, with good results. ChloĆ« is using it at the moment to try and sell a few small pieces of furniture that she doesn't want, now that she has moved back into the loft. 

    Sending this from Winnipeg as I arrived about an hour ago. Will be attending the 100th anniversary of my Junior High School, Isaac Brock. Another classmate of mine, Joan Woodbury, was on same flight. In fact, she was the one who told me about the reunion. Just by chance we met at a friend's party last summer. Up until that point I hadn't seen her since the end of high school in 1965! Cheers, Patrizzio!    

    Jean Homsy Thanks



    The Mozart family on tour: Leopold, Wolfgang, and Nannerl. Watercolor by Carmontelle, ca. 1763

    Ted, thanks for hosting a fun night of bridge. I believe Pat said he is available to play Wednesday or Thursday next. I could host either of those days if players are available. G
    I am available on Wednesday and it is my turn so I can host if that night works. W
    Hi Lads!

    Sending this from Winnipeg as I arrived here about 2:00pm. My cousin's husband, Filmer, picked me up and was waiting so we made for home as soon as my bag showed up on the carousel. For those of you who might not have known, I will be attending the 100th anniversary of my Junior High School, Isaac Brock. Another classmate of mine, Joan Woodbury, was on same flight. In fact, she was the one who told me about the reunion. Just by chance we met at a friend's party last summer. Up until that point I hadn't seen her since the end of high school in 1965!

    Pleasant day here. I was planning to go for a swim at the Pan Am Pool but there is a swim meet on this weekend so Training Pool was only facility open and it closed at 4:00pm. It was shortly after 3:00pm when I discovered this so it wasn't worthwhile to make the trip, given time left. Anyway, I am going to do so tomorrow. Sally, my cousin, works nearbye and will drop me off on her way to the school where she is the manager of the day care facility.

    I'm back on Tuesday, May 28th, so will be available to play bridge on Wednesday if needed. Cheers, Patrizzio!                                                      I told you not to keep this damn picture!!


    Hi Goils!

    I arrived here about 2:00pm after a pleasant flight, reading and napping. Pleasant day here. I was planning to go for a swim at the Pan Am Pool but there is a swim meet on this weekend so Training Pool was only facility open and it closed at 4:00pm. It was shortly after 3:00pm when I discovered this so it wasn't worthwhile to make the trip, given time left. Anyway, I am going to do so tomorrow. Sally works nearbye and will drop me off on her way to the school where she is the manager of the day care facility.




    Called Noreen but either she wasn't in or I have the wrong number. Will try again, tomorrow. Talked to Grogg. He and Dustan had just come in from a hockey game. Will probably have dinner with them on Sunday, before Grogg leaves for Vancouver. Called Jim Sutherland and hope to see him on Monday. Don't think I'll make it out to Falcon, timing being what it is.

    If I can get in touch with Noreen I will walk to her place from pool for a visit. Grogg said he would be happy to give me a ride back to Wildwood Park at some point so I will probably take him up on offer. I'll need to be back at S's/F's by around 4:00pm at latest to change for wine and cheese reception at school, from 6:00pm-9:00pm.

    Off to bed shortly, (even though it's only 9:00pm my time), as I need to be up fairly early. Sally leaves for work by 7:00am so I'll probably find a coffee-shop and read until public swim starts at 9:00am. I need my miner's lamp as no lights on the stairs and I'm on the second floor. A real bed, no less. I spit on stacked sheets of gyproc now! Luxury! Sheer Luxury! Almost as good at the alcove in Glen Valley. Coffee is fantastic however. Vietnamese style. Filmer made me a cup this afternoon and it was even more delicious than I had remembered from last time I visited.

    For dinner we had pizza from a local place not far away. Delicious, both vegetarian and another, one half Hawaiian/one half pepperoni. I made a mixed green salad and threw together a small bottle of dressing. Too much mustard for Filmer so I was happy as more for me! Dusty would have been pleased with the store "boughten" Italian he used instead! We washed everything down with a bottle of Little Penguin red. Will definitely be stopping at Grant Park liquor store tomorrow! Fondestos, Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! 


    Chloe and I saw Great Gatsby tonight, wonderful sets. The story not so exciting. I guess its because we know the ending. Mags waiting for her snack. So off to feed her and watch Y&R. Love to all, Cora Lee

      
    Hey everyone, Just wanted to let you know that...
    Marvin Angelo Mercado
    Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know that we spoke with Air Canada travels and was able to get the deposit of $150 deadline extended to August 20th. However, it's only the first 30 people to book at this price and then the price will raise $100 per person so if you know you are going please phone Jennifer ASAP
    18006672887 ext 2313 or email her at jnash@travelcuts.com

    If you would like to book platinum,swim up or more than 7 days please ask Jennifer the rates.
    Travel CUTS | Student and budget travel services at more than 50 offices in Canada.Travel CUTS
    www.travelcuts.com

    Find out more about travelling abroad! Travel CUTS offers a variety of free Travel Talks on travel i...

     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment