Tuesday 14 May 2013

De-Nesting Diaries: Tuesday, May 14th, Our 37th Wedding Anniversary!

You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by. Yes, but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by. -James M. Barrie, novelist and playwright (1860-1937) 


Victoria, May 14th, 1976!

Dear Aberlour (Abbey),

Your words are sobering I must say,  My lawyer will be in touch with you to discuss your insinuations about my good name. One does not carry this H. moniker lightly. Let me be very clear here, I have never been tippled nor have I ever climbed a porch.  You could preempt the inevitable legal battle by providing a written apology and a small truckload of cash. I will tolerate no after words from your cat either. 


If you feel it is appropriate, could I bother you to introduce me to your buddy in Squamish. I would like to make a connection with someone living there. Kerry & I are going to look at property in the area and would like to get his take on property, schools, community etc. we are going to be there Sunday afternoon on our return from Whistler. 

I would like to ride Wednesday if the weather cooperates.  May your drains always be clear. W

Equivocate:

MEANING:
verb intr.: To be vague or ambiguous, especially in order to mislead.


ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin aequi-/equi- (equal) + vocare (to call), from vox (voice). Earliest documented use: 1590.


USAGE:
"The bishop equivocates and wrings his fat hands and procrastinates."
Hello Everyone,

Here are two more posts.

The trip to Southern Cambodia ends in Kampot, an interesting town near the Gulf of Thailand:
http://wordfrombob.blogspot.ca/2013/05/kampot-riverside-town.html

Some impressions from the White Building, now a slum in Phnom Penh:
http://wordfrombob.blogspot.ca/2013/05/the-white-building-phnom-penh.html

Best Wishes, bob



Patrizzio,

I've often been complimented on my abilities at sweeping up sawdust, but never as part of a song. I guess that janitorial services were not as fully explored as an occupational option as they should have been. Too bad.

Yes, I was well aware of Clyde's death. We had performed together in a couple of musicals -
Annie, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum - and I had seen him fairly recently at Metro Theatre's 50th anniversary celebration. He was very brave about his health setbacks and kept very active right up to the end. My non-show was due to a malfunctioning car, discovered the same day, so from our distance from town I couldn't manage to get there. I was very sorry about it.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you and Allen, and - yes - let's do it again ere long. In the meantime enjoy your tripping, and getting together with your junior high school friends. Just be prepared for the fact that, unlike you, some of the guys will be showing their years, but maybe not to the extent of your picture of me. Actually, I quite like it, savoring the possibility of how well I would have done as a shifty judge  in one of John Ford's westerns.

Cheers, and regards to Corinne, Tom

Hi everyone! We would love it if you could join us in celebrating Julia's 19th birthday! A casual, fun, food-filled event is planned for FRIDAY, MAY 31. Come any time after 5pm. And your presence is your present:)
We hope you can make it!!! Love, Elinor


Dear Patrick, thank you for all the messages....
Margareta Maunsbach
Dear Patrick, thank you for all the messages. And those lovely Photos as well! I would love to join you at some point, but I am afraid my holidays do not correlate too well. I am off work first three weeks of July, and the two latter I am planning some trip with the boys, can't really decide where to go, although ideas have been exactly Montpellier in Languedoc, subsidiary England! Boys want pools and relaxed living, not walking all day! I can't stand being by the pool all day! In August, I am expected back to work, September off work days are so far booked for European Master Swimming Championships in Eindhoven, Netherlands,af few sdays during first week of September but I am not sure I really want to go. Well will not make you tired by all details and indecisiveness, but if opportunity seems to appear, I will return on this matter hope you are well. We are fine and busy, My Dad is also getting stronger. Much love, Margareta
 
Hi Patrick / Ciao Patrizzio,

Thanks for your note.  I was so glad to cross paths with you again at the SLAIS event.  It occurs to me that we met the first time around through Liora Beder who was also, like Colin and myself, in the graduation class of '83.  Are you not friends with Liora and Lawrence?




Jacqueline and I will certainly take you up on your suggestion to call you the next time we are in the vicinity of Granville Island.  (The same goes for you and Corinne when you are in the vicinity of White Rock).  In August we have some friends coming to visit from France and we will certainly be taking them to Granville Island...David 

Good to hear from you, Patrick.  After the SLAIS Bun-Toss I had a look at our catalogue records re- the Library Square opening.  You weren't noted at the time, so I tweaked the record to reflect your august presence. 

Thanks for the invite ... you would be a good fellow to share a glass and a tale or two with ...colin

Responsible             :  VNL
Information Type        :  DRN
Information Level       :  I
Aired/Non-Aired         :  AP
Program Title           :  CBC NEWS FINAL
Show Brd. Date          :  24 May 1995
Show Brd. Time          :  23:00:00
Show Brd. Day of Week   :  WEDNESDAY
Show/Prg. Announcers    :  GLORIA MACARENKO;
Title                   :  LIBRARY PARTY
Dateline                :  VANCOUVER
Synopsis                :  The countdown is on.. In less than two days
                           Vancouver's new library will celebrate its
                           official opening. Festivities to mark the event
                           are ongoing.. and tonight.. the stars were out
                           in force at a gala fundraising event. Bob Nixon
                           jumped at the chance to rub shoulders with the
                           rich and famous.
Subj. Head.             :  FEATURES; LIBRARIES; OPENINGS; CELEBRATIONS
Organizations           :  VPL
Reporters               :  NIXON BOB
Production              :  JOHNSTON; MUNDY
Shotlist                :  */ha/ PAN down to ground floor of party in
                           atrium
                            */var/ people gorge on food
                            */ws/ glasses of wine on library shelf
                            */ws/ clapping singers
                            */ca/ tray of wine, to minglers, including
                           Patrick Dunn
, in background
                            */var/ shots of party in progress
                            */intv/ VALERIE GIBSON, GOSSIP COLUMNIST SOT
                           take up reading
                            */intv/ Comment from some guy SOT
                            */ws/ Nixon looks lost in crowd
                            */var/ party on Level 6
                            */intv/ KIM CAMPBELL, SOT deliver her book in
                           person
                            */intv/ MOSHE SAFDIE, LIBRARY ARCHITECT SOT
                           invoke memory of libraries
                            */var/ shots of different locations on library
                            */intv/ Woman SOT got a book on birth control,
                           TILT to her pregnant belly
                            */intv/ PHILIP OWEN, MAYOR SOT about something
                            */var/ people mingle
                            */intv/ BRUCE ALLEN, ROCK MUSIC MOGUL SOT
                           something
                            */intv/ SCOTT McINTYRE, BOOK PUBLISHER SOT not
                           in a few years
                            */var/ shots of books on shelves
                            */var/ Gloria Macarenko charms people
                            */ws/ guy plays trumpet SOT
Length                  :  01:46
Holdings Info           :  */EP/B-3816/08:30/VNL
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment