Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Isaac Brock Diaries: Tuesday, May 28th

I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (1875-1965) 


 


Hi Kathleen!

Wonderful news! We will be here so will let Cora Lee send details. I'm in Winnipeg at moment, flying home today. Love and Fondestos to you and Stefano. Talk soon! Cheers, Patrizzio!

 
Mike, I just spoke to Pat. He says the game is on at Sarge's. I would normally ride my bicycle but I can pick you up if you need a ride. Please let me know. No word from Ted as yet so I guess he is unavailable. G


Hi George Thanks for the offer but I am ok to drive now. So I will see you there. What time do we start? Mike

Quite a country of contrasts, have been to 3 cities so far, 2 to go. Our guide is an executive chef in California so we are calling this the gastronomic trip of China some incredible meals especially in Beijing. Lots of local beer but not much wine so far. In Xian right now with the terracotta warriors, did the Great Wall, Forbidden city while in Beijing. Hanging Monastery while in DaTong. I do not seem to have Pam or George's email can you forward this please? 

Guy, I am holding the one copy of Muddy Waters in existence. It looks like the printer only printed one copy and I have it -- Kurt owns it. I will bring it with me to Nanaimo and we can decide what to do. My suggestion would be that Kurt choose another title, something more available to the proletariat. In the meantime we can pass this copy around for discussion at another time. G


Mike, I just spoke to Pat. He says the game is on at Sarge's. I would normally ride my bicycle but I can pick you up if you need a ride. Please let me know. No word from Ted as yet so I guess he is unavailable. G

Thanks again all for donating to Create Now in Melissa Rourke’s honor…it was a great event and your thoughtfulness will really help what it truly a great social program for kids.


Dear Melissa's Friends and Family,

Our entire office at Create Now has been touched by your tributes to Melissa through the "Flesh" gallery show. It was so clear to us as outsiders how much she was loved by those who knew her and we were humbled
by your invitation to let us be part of such a special event.

We wanted to make sure you we thanked you and let you know how much your donations have impacted our organization. We've raised nearly $3000 in Melissa's name through donations given at the event, and every day a little more is donated in her honor. Create Now has never had an event where everyattendee donated and funds of this magnitude can cover our visual art supplies costs for the remainder of 2013, pay for the rental of our
recording studio for an ENTIRE year, or completely fund a screenwriting workshop for youth in need.

We tried our best to get everyone's email, as well as their donation amount in case they required a letter for their taxes. We'll begin emailing these letters out at the beginning of the week. If you would prefer to receive a hard copy of the letter, please respond to this email with your address and we'll be sure to get it to you!

Also, some people expressed interest in volunteering. Here is the link to the volunteer application on our website:
http://www.createnow.org/volunteer/volunteer-mentor-app. I also wanted to point you all to our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/CreateNow, please "Like Us" if you'd like to see your impact in your news feed!

Thank you again for including us and it would be a joy to partner with any of you on future fundraising events.

Kindly, Kelly Noonan Development Associate Create Now *Transforming the lives of youth in need through arts mentoring and experiences*


Dear Patrick,

We apologize for the delay in sending you this letter of substantiation for your tax records. We were overwhelmed by the support we were given from Melissa's friends and family and it has taken a little longer than expected to process all of the donations. 

Attached is a PDF copy of your letter. If you require it in a different format or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at 213-747-2777 x 112 or by responding to this email. Thank you again for your contribution, Kelly
Hi Charlie,

I had hoped to connect you with my uncle, Dr. Erich Vogt while you were in Vancouver with your son but regrettably he’s just come home from the hospital after a tumble during a recent speaking engagement. 

Perhaps another time though as he’s a most interesting chap with lots of great stories. He was Albert Einstein’s intern while he pursued his PhD at Princeton and made quite a few contributions of his own to nuclear physics during his career. His nick name is Dr. Kaon…and he built the Triumf Laboratory at UBC, his legacy and greatest achievement.

My parents are in Vancouver, I know they would be more than happy to help you with questions you might have while you’re in the city:

Patrick Dunn and Corinne Durston, they’re right on Granville Island, very close to UBC in fact.  My parents both received their Masters in Library Science at UBC and my Dad spent his career at UBC in their library system. I have included them on this email. Have a great trip! Ayn 

Whose Charlie? mom  Dear Sisterhood! "Who is Charlie?" Cheers, Grammar Police!

Charlie is our head counsel Crown Media and legal department head. He’s going to Vancouver to visit UBC with his son who is interested in going there. He’s a great guy and I had hoped to put him together with Erich. The timing is off though unfortunately.

Charlie is Glenda’s boss…she is his paralegal/assistant and he’s a wonderfully funny man. Charlie’s your age…has Parkinson’s He likely won’t call but wanted to give him your number in case he gets lost etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment